Categories: Business Marketing, Storytelling, Small Business, Service-Based Business, Branding, Copywriting, Women in Business
Cathy Goodwin is a copywriter, strategist, and storyteller. She teaches business owners how to use storytelling strategically to simplify their marketing, stand out from the competition, and gain surprising insights into the mind of their target market.
Cathy is a former university business school professor, with 20+ years of experience in the classroom and remote learning. She has performed standup comedy at open mics in Philadelphia and New York. She can hold your audience’s attention while delivering solid information.
Need an expert to talk about the power of storytelling.. and the best way to use storytelling to brand your business and build relationships with your ideal clients? Invite me to be your guest.
And check out my podcast – Strategic Storytelling – on all major platforms.
Topics I Can Discuss
Join the conversation in your client’s mind by sharing their story
How to use storytelling to stand out from the hundreds of competitors who are doing the same thing
How to tell stories that don’t just entertain and engage – they actually close the deal for you
Why most businesses use stories that sabotage their marketing (and the 3 kinds of stories you need to tell instead)
The 5 archetypes that form the foundation of your services business
Why your small business can’t brand like the big guys (and want to do instead)
Questions you can ask me
(1) Often podcast hosts will open interviews with the question, “What’s your story?” And we expect a bio or life history. But you say, “Sometimes your story isn’t really about you.” What do you mean and … what is your story?
(2) Many people say you need a story about yourself – something that makes you seem vulnerable. But you say being vulnerable can actually backfire in many cases. What’s the story behind that?
(3) Why is storytelling so perfect for branding?
(4) What are the 3 questions prospective clients won’t ask? How do you answer them with a story?
(5) What’s different. about bra
Experience and Social Media
I’ve been on several podcasts, including Business Success Cafe and Gentle Business.
When I’m a guest I’ll share links to our podcast episode with my email list.
Facebook URL http://facebook.com/storystrategy
Twitter URL. https://twitter.com/cathygoodwin