A client-attracting website will help convert visitors to clients and discourage those who are not ideal for you. I’ve seen entrepreneurs spend lavishly on web design and graphics, but end up with websites that look pretty but don’t bring in new business.
Many entrepreneurs think a website means a clever logo, splashy photos, and a catchy slogan. If that’s what you’ve been encouraged to believe, it’s time to think again. Website conversions don’t come from colors or design. In fact, you can have a hard-working website without a logo or slogan.
Website Makeover Self-Test: Does Your Website Convert Clients?
- Do people frequently ask, “But what do you really do?” when they come to your website.
- Do you get good traffic to your website but your visitors don’t follow up with queries about becoming clients?
- Does your website deliver pretty much the same message as your top competitors (so you don’t demonstrate why you’re different)?
- Does your website make it hard for clients to get in touch and sign up for your lead magnets?
- Have you made many changes to your offers, your position and your business, since you first set up your website … and your site no longer reflects what you do?
- Does your website take visitors on a smooth, straightforward logical path, so they embark on a journey that leads them to your services as a solution?
- Do visitors often say, “Wow – that is beautiful!” when they visit (but not, “Wow – you’re offering something I need!”)?
- Do you find yourself dreading the question, “Where can I find your website?”
- Have you been putting “Website Makeover” on your To Do list for 3 months or more (because last time the process was a nightmare, or you just can’t bring yourself to write your About Page, or you’re not sure what belongs on each page … or you’re just too darn busy)?
If you answered “yes” to even one question, you may benefit a great deal from a website makeover. You would definitely benefit from a website review.
There are three critical elements to having a memorable website that attracts your ideal clients.
Clearly answering the question, “What’s your business story?”
Promoting your expertise, experience and uniqueness without shouting or bragging.
Communicating that you truly “get” where your client is coming from (and that you’re the right person to help).
Generally, business owners who aren’t getting clients from the Internet often built their websites around design rather than copy. A professional design, with lots of white space, will be extremely critical, but it’s surprisingly easy to achieve without paying 4-figures for a super-pro. Generally you rarely benefit from expensive bells and whistles, 4-figure logos, and catchy slogans.
I work with solo-preneurs and independent professionals who want to get more clients online. I can help with any aspect of your website, from a website review to a full-service website makeover. I write the copy and work with my virtual team to give you the design you need. When you have a website you’re proud of, finding new clients will become much easier … and you’ll feel truly confident in moving forward.
If you’d like me to review your website, click here. You’ll get a detailed review with suggestions you can implement immediately. And you can deduct this cost from a copywriting project if you’d like me to implement your website makeover.
If you’d like to skip the review and get started on a makeover within the next 30 days, click here to send a message. Let me know your deadline and budget.
And if you’d like to discover more ways to use storytelling in your business, download 17 Ways To Grow Your Business Through Storytelling.